Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the secret place

As if out of nowhere it's there. I hear its melody, a hymn to creation. I'm closer now and I sense it's presence. Its cascade lavishes down, washing over the stony bottom. I now see it full well and I abide in the secret place.

Dear Lord, you're there, always there. I hear you whispering as your desire echos over my soul. Your harmony is unmistakable. Your presence envelopes me washing through my stony heart. I am unworthy but your mercy is my covering and you draw me into the secret place, your secret place.

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. ~ Psalm 91:1



Nearing the cataract



Refreshingly beautiful



In its embrace ~ wonderful brother, me, faithful husband!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Ah! I feel it, too, simply reading your description of it. What a privilage it is to drink deeply at the fountain of mercy and breathe the atmosphere of heaven itself.

Elizabeth Joy said...

Refreshment springs eternal.

Anonymous said...

both the picture and your thoughts are beautiful....thanks for sharing