Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Like mother, like daughter

Before "Wildflowers in the Home" ends this week, I thought it fitting to mention something about my mother since so many of our mother's taught us how to make a house a home. My mother definitely has a gift for decorating and an eye for beauty among her other fine qualities.

Of note is her wedding china which have dainty wildflowers decorating the edge of the plate. I always thought her china was so beautiful and never dreamed that someday, without realizing it, I would choose a pattern very similar to hers with delicate wildflowers adorning the rim.

What a special gift she has passed on - an eye for beauty!



My mother's Noritake "Buckingham"



My Noritake "Silver Palace"

1 comment:

Elizabeth Joy said...

I didn't think at all of posting a picture of my wedding china. But as you know, it would fit right in the row with your china and your mother's china. It is Noritake Chandon, ivory with a border of little white flowers and a gold edge. You really do have a eye for beauty.